Monday, December 3, 2007

The Mailbox

Our mailbox has been falling apart for some time and I was determined to fix it myself. I mean, how hard could it be? After two hours of chiseling away at the surrounding concrete I was able to free the box. It was a very satisfying feeling. I really enjoyed the physical labor of it.

Here is the rusted heap, which could have caused mail to be lost (I had suspected such but I was unable to locate any mail in the brick).


And the almost-finished product. I still need to fill in the gaps around the box, but already it is wonderful to have a properly functioning mailbox. Matthew is able to check the mail again without fear of losing anything. Relief.



1 comment:

Graham said...

I didn't realize the mailbox could get that messed up... I thought the brick would protect it. Weird.