Friday, February 1, 2008

This week...

has been long. Jacob and Matthew had a stomach virus and Chloe has been congested (and at times, completely miserable- see photo). While we did have the joy of Matthew's birthday, he was sick...too sick to finish his slice of birthday cake. Poor guy. He had to spend a few days at home, but he tried to make the most of it.

And while Chloe has been sick, she has learned to crawl on 'all fours' this week. The excitement. The nervousness. I have never had crawling children in a house with stairs, so I'm a little nervous about her safety. It sure is fun to see her smile as she gets around though. She also has started to 'dance' when she hears music. And...I think we finally have some teeth about to appear. These milestones are so bittersweet. It is so exciting to watch them grow and learn, but sometimes it breaks my heart to have this time go by. I adore babies, their innocence and unconditional love. She will be nine-months old tomorrow, half-way to nursery age. Right now that seems to be the last place I want my babe to be (give me a few months of chasing her around and I'm sure I'll start the nursery countdown).

2 comments:

Angela said...

So sorry that Chloe's been sick, I hope that you'll let me watch her soon!

Graham said...

HA HA HA... I am already on the nursery countdown. We are praying that your family gets better.